Fiber testing features include improved ability to detect uplink interference in LTE-TDD
Viavi Solutions has announced enhancements to its RFoCPRI technology that will help RF engineers and cell-site technicians more efficiently maintain and troubleshoot RF issues for fiber-to-the-antenna (FTTA) cell sites. As RFoCPRI becomes more widely adopted, so has the need to more effectively troubleshoot issues such as interference, front-haul connectivity, and other antenna line challenges. With the newest enhancements to CellAdvisor®, Viavi has simplified the troubleshooting process so technicians can easily and confidently rectify performance issues for all types of FTTA cell sites.
Key Enhancements and Benefits:
- Gated Sweep on RFoCPRI for LTE-TDD Radios: As part of BBU emulation, antenna line device (ALD) information available today is limited to topology information. With CellAdvisor’s enhanced RET feature, engineers will have access to a wider set of data for the antenna line device as stored in the remote radio head (RRH), including device list, alarm status, and mechanical tilt.
- Enhanced Remote Electrical Tilt (RET) Information: Simple ‘traffic light’ color coding shows if impairments are present and can be fixed locally or should be handed off to network groups
- Auto Link Rate Detection: Today to start RFoCPRI analysis, technicians must identify and configure the correct CPRI link rate, which can slow down the overall troubleshooting process. CellAdvisor can now automatically detect and configure the link rate of the connected CPRI link, dramatically improving the overall RFoCPRI analysis process.
- RFoCPRI Cell-ID Decoding: Cell-ID is a unique identifier for the RRH. CellAdvisor’s new RFoCPRI Cell-ID decoding capability helps technicians quickly identify which RRH is experiencing performance issues.
- Layer-2 BERT Testing: By supporting layer-2 BERT testing, CellAdvisor helps technicians quickly verify baseline error rates and ensure CPRI link performance to meet standards at the time of installation.
With the fast increase in fiber-based remote radio deployments, wireless service providers and their contractors struggle with rising costs related to commissioning, insurance, and maintenance – as well as safety concerns due to tower climbs. CellAdvisor with RFoCPRI technology effectively reduces maintenance costs and risks to the technician, while providing increased efficiency and productivity by virtually eliminating tower climbs.
For more information, please call us on 1800 COVERTEL (1800 268 378) or send us an email at email@example.com